[+] mosaicnashville.org Forum Index :: Social Justice :: Operation Christmas Child Page 1 of 1 [  ]

View previous topic :: View next topic 
[+] Operation Christmas Child
Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:29 pm
leslie e

I wanted to see if anyone in our church might be interested in participating in this project. It is sponsored through Samaritan's Purse, a ministry of Franklin Graham. Each year, this group collects shoe boxes filled with toys, school supplies, hygiene items, and other things to send to children all over the world. Gift boxes are sent to war-torn countries such as Sudan, Liberia, Afghanistan; the AIDS orphans in Uganda, Thailand, and Honduras; flood victims in Mozambique, Argentina, and Vietnam; impoverished children in Cambodia, and Russia (such as the village of Beslan that just experienced the awful terrorist attack on the school children). What's required of you? Go to the store, Dollar General, Target or Walmart and fill a shoe-box full of toys and a check for $5 to cover shipping. I have done this for the past 2 years and didn't spend over $10-15 total. In a country where we have so much, it took so little of my time and money to bring joy to a hurting child's life. The deadline to send in the boxes is November 15-22. Anyone interested? Let me know.
AIM Address

[+] 
Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:59 pm
Indie

Phil and I are interested. Let us know the details.

[+] 
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:27 pm
leslie e

i'll try to bring the brochure i got to a sunday or tuesday meeting.
AIM Address

[+] mosaicnashville.org Forum Index :: Social Justice :: Operation Christmas Child Page 1 of 1 [  ]