[+] mosaicnashville.org Forum Index :: General Questions :: one day jesus came by Page 1 of 1 [  ]

View previous topic :: View next topic 
[+] one day jesus came by
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:39 am
Gary

What are your thoughts?

one day a man went out for a walk. in his walk he decided to make an unexpected turn, and in doing so he fell into a deep pit. as he struggled to pull himself out of the pit a humanist walked by and said, "man that is a deep pit - i feel sorry for you." the man just looked, and continued to try to get out. soon, a presbyterian came by and said, "it is your destiny to be in that pit, make the most of it and relax." the man sat for a few moments, but soon started to try to get out. as he did a baptist came by and said, "well, i know i would never fall into that pit." then a methodist came by, "here are a blanket and some food, i hope they make your stay in the pit comfortable." the man smiled and took the blanket and the food and rested for a moment - then returned to trying to get out of the pit. soon a charismatic came by and said, "you are only in that pit because you have little faith." soon an episcopal came by, seeing the man in the pit turned and walked away. the man continued to try to pull himself out of the pit. one day jesus came by, put out his hands and lifted the man out of the pit. ---- by john o'keefe of ginkworld.net

Gary
coffee drinker

[+] 
Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:57 pm
noir
Has ideas

during the church service today, i decided to walk around outside the building to get some air. i walked for about 20 minutes from block to block. i counted about 20 bums sleeping or walking around. i walked right by some of them, looked them in the eye and said hey. but i didn't offer them any help. they didn't ask for anything either, they just stared at me.

i've been thinking about it through the day. what is my responsibility? do i even have one? there are a lot of people in need, literaly right outside the church doors, but i've never really done anything to help them.

[+] mosaicnashville.org Forum Index :: General Questions :: one day jesus came by Page 1 of 1 [  ]